Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving...all 4 of them






This past week we celebrated a day set aside to give thanks. This year it also meant a lot of travel and food and family. Starting off with Wednesday night at my parents, we ate and ate and watched the Muppets! My little muppet even ate some sweet potatoes, which was super exciting seeing that it was the first time she had eagerly eaten anything that wasn't paper or cardboard or a bug. My crafty contribution to the holiday was a felt feather headband i made for the munchkin to wear (I'm so thankful  she wears things on her head with no complaints!). Thanksgiving #2 was lunch on Thursday at my in-laws. With aunts, uncles, cousins, and two doggies to play with (she loves animals!), Adeline had a blast! There was also more sweet potatoes for her to munch on. She was worn out by the time we got to #3 with Matt's aunt, uncle, and grandparents. Adeline was a bit grumpier than usual but we still had fun and got home to get some sleep in before Friday's shopping frenzy with Matt's aunt and Adeline. Of course, we didn't do the 8PM Thursday thing, more like 7AM...which turned out to be perfect as far as parking spots went, we kept getting spaces right up front of every store. 12 hrs later, baby in tow for every single one,  we came home and i got to work on Vanilla Chai cupcakes for Thanksgiving #4. Saturday morning bright and early (and with my body aching as though I'd run a marathon rather than shopped the whole day before) we got into the car and drove to the Chicago area, to my aunt's house with the babe sleeping the whole way. Yummy soups, sandwiches, and treats (including my labor of love cupcakes that turned out pound cake consistency, since I forgot baking soda...oops) greeted us, as well as lots of my extended family (Matt was a trooper and Adeline loved the excitement). My oldest younger brother came from college and his adorable and funny girlfriend was there, too (come on, Michael, put a ring on it already). Adeline didn't sleep quite as well on the long way home, but, all in all, a great Thanksgiving week was had...and all my cupcakes were eaten.


Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful time spent with family! Thank you so much for the most beautiful blessing of a daughter that I get to spend precious time with every day and who I get to introduce to the fun things this life has to offer, like family and holidays! Thank you for Your amazing grace and unending, unchanging love.


Now, on to the next holiday! I can't wait for her first Christmas!

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment