Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

At first I felt as though, after seeing the barrage of facebook posts, making a definitive resolution would be a bit...what's the word I'm looking for? Overkill? Cliche? I'll just go with silly... especially seeing that I rarely have in the past. Really, though, setting goals is good (or so I've read). So here are a few of mine for 2013: obviously I'm going to continue being the best mother I can be, prayerfully and optimistically, I plan on finishing all of my little projects in the works (I already knocked out a few just today!) and I hope to be involved in many more creative endeavors in the coming year, and, finally, I'm making a goal to continue to pursue Christ more faithfully, and, particularly, I would like to keep praying more specifically (This was a bit of an 'AHA' moment, and so far my more 'specified' prayers have been answered very obviously, a topic I may or may not go into more detail about in the future). 

So, no weight loss/exercise/adventurous resolutions for this little mama...but, anyway, on the topic of crafty goals completed, today I worked diligently(for a few hours anyway) on finishing a few projects for Adeline's nursery...mainly arranging things and completing a found-object art piece for her room. All of this was, of course, made easier by Matt having the day off. Here are a few shots of the room in-progress.  







I suppose I should make a goal to finish her room before she is really able to make use of it, huh? 

All in all, this has been the very best year of my life! Getting to be a mommy is the greatest job in the world! I can't wait to celebrate her first birthday in March! Exclamation point! :)

A very happy new year to everyone!

<3 Katie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment